List of your stash?

I know pretty much what is in my stash, i have the stuff for 2 projects in (a ripple ghan, and a crchet around fleece blanked that my dh pick the colors for) in bags with all the yarn and fleece for it in thoose giant ziplock bags, and i have 1 tub full, mostly of fun fur that i buy on clearence here and there (i want to make my daughter a fun fur blanket) and a few other skeins that i bought on clearence where i bought a few of each to try.

Like alot of others, I have a general idea of what I have on hand and what I don't. I do have many different "stash" places though...so if I think I have something on hand and can't find it right off the hop, it usually takes awhile to find it.

I have a huge stash. The thought of organizing it sends me running in the opposite direction. Whenever I plan to start a new project, I'll dig through my stash to see if I have anything that will work. If I don't find anything I like or get tired of looking, I just go buy more yarn. I think that's how my stash got so big. I just keep buying more because I can't find what I already bought.

:lol that sounds like me:cheer

On the issue list is an item to allow you to just that! :cheer So don't sweat the photos for now. Just get the yarn in there, by brand and # of skeins. That's the hard part anyway (and the most beneficial). Thanks & glad my time was of use for somebody besides me too. :hook

I took a look and I'm impressed with what you've done on Ravelry with your stash.

You've now inspired me to go down into my basement and catalog my stash. I'm not sure about the amount of time it would take to photograph all my stash. It's too bad you can't just pick an already uploaded photo of each yarn the way you can do with all the other yarn statistics that automatically appear.

Cheryl.

OMG...reading this post makes me feel better ****. I'm not NEARLY bad off in my stash as you guys! I know exactly what I have because it's not THAT much LOL. I thought I was bad when I had about 30 skeins or balls!! But you all made me feel better about mys stash.

I keep mine in one of those clear zip up bags that you get when you buy a new comforter. That way it stays clean from dust and pet hair and that sort of thing. It's jammed pretty full though I have to say. but since I have a HUGE bed, and it's high off the ground, it fits right under it perfectly and I can pull it out with ease when I need it.

I am also doing the notebook with clear pages thing as posted earlier. It has all my patterns I have that aren't in books or mags. Things I've printed off the net. I like the idea of adding my yarn list to it though. And when ,y stash gets bigger then I'll label it to know where the yarn is. I'm converting my spare room into an office/craft room, so all my yarn will be kept in there (pet free too!) so it'll be super organized. But my measly 30 skeins really doesn't need that much organization right now anyway LOL.

~~Cheri~~

That's one thing that I love about Ravelry.....I have a good portion of my stash on there already and I am starting to feel that I have almost too much....before I got onto Ravelry, I had a vague idea of what I had....

Archived