crocheting for premies??

Guest knuckles145

Guest knuckles145

Last night at GriefShare classes, one man was talking about losing his premie daughter several years ago, and how he wanted to start a line of premie clothes. And another lady said a friend of hers who is a nurse in the PICU is always looking for clothes etc for premies at thrift shops etc. And here I was sitting there through the whole discussion crocheting away on a poncho. And it hit me.....I wonder if there is an organization that does crocheting for premies??

I'm not sure what would be needed an/or could even be used. I assume hats & blankets. could somebody point me in the right direction???

ok, I just realized I probably should have looked/search before posting this.

• 5 months later...

http://www.newbornsinneed.org is definitely what you are looking for. They have both free and for purchase patterns for sewing, quilting, crocheting, knitting (taboo, I know but still helps the babies) and anything else you can think of for babies as small as 8oz up to full term newborn. Email office@newbornsinneed.org or TeLesa@newbornsinneed.org for more info- either one can set you up. There are some free patterns on their website too.

I'm not a representative, just a volunteer- Carol Green who started the organization has been a friend of mine for several years and this is one of the most thorough and worthy preemie charities out there!

Knuckles,

I recently began volunteering with Newborns in Need and would highly recommend it. I don't know what area you're in, but NIN has local chapters and they may have work meetings in your area, or you can work on your own. They do have a pattern list that has to be purchased (for a small amount) but they also accept blankets, booties, anything general.

Also, Warm Hearts, Warm Babies out of Colorado does a lot of work with preemies in their area. Their website is www.warmheartswarmbabies.org. They have a lot of patterns listed on their site.

Tandi in OK

Care Wear Volunteers has a very comprehensive listing of hospitals that need preemie donations, and they have patterns and all in their newsletter too. You might want to check them out. Click on their name above and the link should take you there.

My own little group Project Sherwood Forest has done some preemie donations too, I started doing it to honor the two babies I lost to miscarriage.

If you need help finding somewhere in your area, don't hesitate to send me an email and I will try to help you find one.

hugs

Ro

I belong to these sites:online-angels,angels 4 preemies, blue bonnet babies, all crafts for charity and united hands helping others. these all take preemis clothingetc..

many patterns are available. another site for patterns: bevscountrycottage. join in and you'll find great satisfaction and love!

Archived