Anyone buy from Yarniverse?

HappyBunny

I've been to that yarn store at least a dozen times whenever I visit Memphis, but I've never done any shopping there by mail order. They do have a very professional and knowledgeable staff though.

Thanks Christi and Karen! I'm not having any problems with the order so far but I became concerned when I saw some negative posts about their customer svc when I did a Google search. My only complaint about the order would be that when you place it online, you aren't told the shipping costs and they don't notify you by email what the cost will be when they charge your credit card. They also don't send an email when your order ships. I contacted them and it has been shipped by UPS but wasn't provided a tracking number. I buy alot of yarn online and I like to know what's happening with my order.

Hopefully I'll have my yarn in the next day or so!

Thanks again,

Kim

Thanks Christi and Karen! I'm not having any problems with the order so far but I became concerned when I saw some negative posts about their customer svc when I did a Google search. My only complaint about the order would be that when you place it online, you aren't told the shipping costs and they don't notify you by email what the cost will be when they charge your credit card. They also don't send an email when your order ships. I contacted them and it has been shipped by UPS but wasn't provided a tracking number. I buy alot of yarn online and I like to know what's happening with my order.

Hopefully I'll have my yarn in the next day or so!

Thanks again,

Kim

I definitely wouldn't care for that kind of situation, I hope everything works out and there aren't any further problems.

I received my order today....I was told it was shipped by UPS the end of last week and I would probably have it on Monday. It was actually shipped by FedEx, from another shop in another state, and it wasn't shipped until Wednesday of this week. I still did not receive a full receipt showing the shipping charges.

BUYER BEWARE!! I'm just glad it's over....

Kim

I received my order today....I was told it was shipped by UPS the end of last week and I would probably have it on Monday. It was actually shipped by FedEx, from another shop in another state, and it wasn't shipped until Wednesday of this week. I still did not receive a full receipt showing the shipping charges.

BUYER BEWARE!! I'm just glad it's over....

Kim

Another state and shop? Did the other shop have a name? That is too weird! Did you get everything you ordered?

Another state and shop? Did the other shop have a name? That is too weird! Did you get everything you ordered?

The order was drop shipped from Unique Kolours in PA. The Yarniverse shop is in TN. On the Yarniverse website it says that the yarn that is for sale on the website is what they have in the shop which gave me the impression that I was ordering directly from them, but apparently, they send the order to a wholesaler, who then ships the order.

I got what I ordered so that's good news. It was an impulse buy and I won't do that again. From now on I'm going to do my best to check out a company before I place an order.

Yarn shopping is supposed to be fun!

Kim

The order was drop shipped from Unique Kolours in PA. The Yarniverse shop is in TN. On the Yarniverse website it says that the yarn that is for sale on the website is what they have in the shop which gave me the impression that I was ordering directly from them, but apparently, they send the order to a wholesaler, who then ships the order.

I got what I ordered so that's good news. It was an impulse buy and I won't do that again. From now on I'm going to do my best to check out a company before I place an order.

Yarn shopping is supposed to be fun!

Kim

Yarn shopping is supposed to be fun and I'm really surprised they do that! Luckily, I go there often enough to where I don't have to fool with that craziness. I'm happy you go what you ordered.

Yarn shopping is supposed to be fun and I'm really surprised they do that! Luckily, I go there often enough to where I don't have to fool with that craziness. I'm happy you go what you ordered.

My feeling is that they have a nice yarn shop but aren't really set up to do online orders.

Kim

Archived