Must have this! The Ballet Wrap in Crochet!

PJ

Question

4 answers to this question

PJ.. here is what i would do if you "must have" ... get the magazine.. usually most knit patterns are worked in pieces.. so the pattern will show you the pieces and the shapes and dimensiion they should be.. so take those pieces and deicde what crochet stitches you would need to make the same or almost the same texture you would need to make it look like the knit one..

i love that sweater too .. and that is the method i would use to make it... i have done it with several things in knit cause i like the shape.. hope it works for you ...i wil probably try to replicate that sweater as well.. but I dont write pattens so there wont be one for it...

Thanks for the advice; I'm just such a novice that that idea scares the bejesus out of me. It looks like a simple sc would be fine for the body, then maybe something a little more intricate for the trim and belt. Maybe when I get more brave. :)

PJ.. some of my best work came from just jumping in.. ask yourself.. what is the worst thing that could happen? you make a mistake and have to unravel .. so what? its just yarn.. and a little time.. and guess what .. in the end you have learned about stitches and shaping and putting together pieces.. which leads to .. you KNOWING you CAN DO IT! on the next thing you try.. if you dont try you will never know...

LionBrand has one similiar on their website (for free)

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/kbcl-shrug.html

It's knit but could easily be adapted to crochet. You would have to make the sleeves longer and the belted-tie but that would be easy. LionBrand calls it an Artist Shrug but it looks like the same type of thing as you are wanting.

:hook

Archived