Best Projects to take on the plane

I've flown twice in the past eight days (Chicago to Dallas and back). No problems with my crochet hook. (I was prepared with a printout of the TSA approved list, altho I realize TSA just takes whatever they want that particular day. I've had to give up tweezers before when they're clearly on the approved list.)

But they confiscated every lighter. There was a plastic bag hanging off the podium thing where the security person stands to check your IDs, and you had to just automatically give up every lighter to the bag.

Oh, and thanks for the nail clipper suggestion. Worked great. If you crochet with thread, you could also take one of those round thread-cutters like quilters use; my sister puts hers on a chain and wears it like a necklace. Looks like jewelry. You can buy them wherever they sell thread. Not expensive.

I stuck a small ball of yarn and a hook in my purse and made preemie-size baby hats on the plane. Got a lot of comments, and one woman, an avid crocheter herself, even helped me untangle the skein-from-hell.

The NO Lighters rule just took effect last week I think.

I took a set of plastic crochet hooks and fingernail clippers to cut yarn last couple of time I have flown. No one said anything to me about them at all.

Barbara

Oh, and thanks for the nail clipper suggestion. Worked great. If you crochet with thread, you could also take one of those round thread-cutters like quilters use; my sister puts hers on a chain and wears it like a necklace. Looks like jewelry. You can buy them wherever they sell thread. Not expensive.

They make them for yarn now, too... Jo-Ann's sells 'em with the crochet & knit tools, and Michael's sells 'em with their sewing notions.

http://www.yarnmarket.com/product.cfm?action=show_product&product_id=1178

(that was the first link that came up on google... no endorsement implied) :D

Archived