Help!!! Coming Home Edging ?

creativegoodness

Question

At the risk of looking like a moron.....:blush

Ok, so I am making my first Coming Home poncho, using the LB pattern. I am on round 3. I cannot figure it out. It says to shell in the next 3 ch 1 spaces.....but the only ch 1 spaces are in the shells.....if I shell in the next 3 shells without chaining anything I don't see how it would reach...so where are the ch 1 spaces?????? :bang:thair:irk:grumpy:rant

Maybe I am just too tired and the answer is right in front of me....I am going to put the thing down and wait for your wonderful help!!!!!!

3 answers to this question

Hi Jessi.

You really are working into the chain one spaces in the shells. You do your chain 3 and sc into the 3rd sc from the row before, then chain 3 and shell into the chain one of the previous rounds shells.

This edging was tough and a little overdone but it is pretty when you get through it. :)

Thank you Stacy (by the way, the pic of yours is finally waht pushed me on the bandwagon :) ) I am glad to know that I am not the only one who thought the edging was tough. If I am crocheting into the 3rd sc, then they should have said that instead of saying ch 1 sp!!!!!!! I will take a few more deep breaths and try again. :hook .

Thanks so much.

I too had trouble understanding the Lion Brand instructions for their scallop

edging. I kept going back to Lion Brand Site to see if they had changed any

of the directions since I printed out the pattern. Then one day I noticed

they had added a Stitch Key for the Scallop Edge. I looked at that and

BINGO !!!! I could see exactally what needed to be done ! I have now just

finished my 3rd Poncho and if I do say so myself they have turned out Great !!

If you haven't seen it yet, check out the Stitch Key I really think it will

help you.

Good Luck,

Sharon J.

Archived