Amigurumi question

I have used worsted weight ~ acrylic, and also baby yarn, fingering..............you could use almost anything, depends on how you want it to look.:yarn:yarn:hook

I have an owl in the works with fun fur............harder to do, but might look cool. :cheer

I use a variety of ww -Caron Perfect Match, RH Super Saver, Caron Simply Soft. I use an F hook, but sometimes pair Caron SS with a D hook to make something smaller.

They don't start off too fuzzy, but after being played with they do start to get fuzzy. Since we take pictures right after we finish you don't see the "well played with" fuzziness.

red heart is super scratchy and since i discovered Caron Simply Soft, i never use red heart anymore. Any of the threads will be non fuzzy, simply soft is a tiny bit, but not that bad. Lion Brand? Microfiber is also a really good one. wal mart sells it the cheapest. Any of the 100% cotton yarns, like peaches n' cream, aren't fuzzy either, but not as 'flexible' to work with.

Nathalie

I've been using fuzzy-bulky yarns for amigurumi for awhile, still with the tight close stitching. they turn out really cute. I sort of work them "inside out" so that the fuzziest side ends up as the outside. I'm making some with Yarn Bee (Hobby Lobby) "Luscious" right now. But you can see some fuzzy one's on my Etsy or flickr sites. (I'm trinlayk at either one.)

Archived