Crochetville is the BEST!!!

I just love this place! The night I was browsing around and found C'ville was one of the luckiest nights of my life! :cheer

The granddaughter of a good friend has her second birthday coming up next month, and I am crocheting an adorable little dress and jacket for her. There I was, hooking my little heart out, when suddenly I was instructed to do "reverse sc" from the bottom of the buttonhole band, up around the neck, and down the edge of the button band. I froze! "CRAP!", I thought. "I want this to be PERFECT and now I'm going to have to fudge this part because I don't have the first clue as to how to execute the reverse sc!" Then it hit me. CROCHETVILLE! SOMEBODY there will know how to do this!

So I signed on and went to the Stitch Help sub-forum in the Crochet Help area, and there I saw the most beautiful thing! A video of Aggie May doing the reverse sc! And it was as clear as a bell! I watched the video two or three times to be sure I understood what was going on, and then I sat down with my hook and yarn and I did a PERFECT reverse sc from the bottom of the buttonhole band, up around the neckline, and down the edge of the button band! It looks like I've been doing it for YEARS! :yay

A million thanks to Aggie May for the ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL VIDEO! Because of you and Crochetville, my gift is going to be picture perfect! :cheer:manyheart

Elle

Please post a picture of your gift! I'm sure it is perfect and will be treasured!

As soon as I have it finished, I will definitely post a picture of it! It's just the sweetest little dress! If you want a sneak peak at what it looks like, here's a link to the pic at e-Patterns e-PatternsCentral.com - Pink and Vanilla Dress With Coat I chose a mint green instead of the pink, and the "vanilla" that I'm using is more of an ecru color (although the name of the color on the label IS "vanilla"). The pattern was only $.99! There are a couple of other patterns there that I'm going to get to make for her, because the holidays are coming up and I would much rather make her something like this than buy her a toy from the store. Kids get loads of toys at the holidays, but both her mother and her grandmother are huge fans of crocheted things, and neither one of them crochet, so they really appreciate the things that I make for her.

In addition, I don't have children, I am child-free by choice. I do enjoy spending time with my friends' children, I just never pictured myself as the motherly type, but this way I get to make all kinds of cute kid things without the responsibility of the kids! For me, that's the best of both worlds! :lol DH says I have a life-sized baby doll, and he's right! She most certainly IS a little doll! :) As soon as I finish, I'll figure out how to post a pic and I'll show you how the dress came out in the mint and vanilla. I love the way it's turning out! :manyheart

Elle

that is beautiful. when i was little my mom dressed me in mint green and baby sis in lite pink. i've always loved the color green. she is going to be the prettiest little girl in that outfit. can't wait to see the pics.

Archived