garter stitch dishcloths?

mva5493

Question

Not sure if this is the right place to post, so if not please excuse me. I was asked to make some dishcloths based on one my father-in-law purchased from a co-worker. He has retired and the lady is now in florida, so I cannot get any help from her. The stitch looks to me like it is a knitted garter stitch, and it is done diagonally. The finished size it 8x8, so for those of you who make dish cloths, are there any that either look like they are knitted or could it be converted to crochet if it is knit. I will try to get a pic up as soon as possible. :)

4 answers to this question

:cheer Could be that you start off with 1 stitch and increase until you have the width you need then decrease back to the last stitch.

Knit every row.

You will probably need to increase both ends of every row and decrease the same.

Give it a try and see what happens, you can always unravel it and start again if it is not right.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

I knew someone here would be able to point me in the right direction, thanks ladies for all your help. I think I will try all the suggestions and see which one I like best.

Archived