yarn shops in alaska?

margrue

I am taking an alaskan cruise stopping in Sitka,Ketchikan,Juneau, and also in Victoria,BC. Any yarn shops I can visit in that area?

The Crochet Guild of America lists one chapter in Alaska - maybe you could email them for info on shops in the area?

Alaska

Ididachain Crochet Guild of America

Meets Where: Even months: Wasilla, AK; Odd months: Anchorage, AK

Meets When: 4th Saturday, 10am to noon

Contact: Mickey Hage: hagemickey@yahoo.com; or Deborah Meester: meester@gci.net

Boy are you in for a treat. The most beautiful scenery in the world is waiting for you to cruise by. Karol and i took that cruise a couple falls ago, in fact it was the last cruise of the season, when the leaves were starting to change color. Went inland at Skagway and the area is just absolutely beautiful.

And yarn? You bet! Not sure which town but it's either Ketchikan or Juneau that has a really great shop where we picked up some quiilt squares for my sis.

I envy you the cruise. Only trouble with it is its just way too fast. I'd really like to have lingered there longer. My kind of country.

Jimbo

I'm cruising to Alaska starting Sept 18 on the Dawn Princes. Here are the yarn shops I found.

Skagway Changing Threads & Yarns, 321 Third Avenue (look left)

Juneau Skeins Fine Yarns, 9121 Glacier Hwy (next to Raintree Quilting at 9133 Glacier Hwy)

Ketchikan The Bead & Yarn Shop at 5 Salmon Landing #212

Also have heard about The Silver Thimble in Ketchikan

Victoria Beehive Wool Shop at 1700 Douglass (supposed to be very

good (been there for years)

If you get back before I leave, let me know by either posting here or pm me.

I am leaving Sept 15th on the Serenade of the Seas. So glad I saw this post. The only one I had found so far was Changing Threads in Skagway. Hubby and I are sailing with another couple - and she is also a yarn addict!!

• 1 year later...

I didn't get to see the others, but was really taken with the Bead and Yarn Shoppe and the Silver Thimble in Ketchikan. Can't tell you exactly how to get there but its on the second floor of a shop toward along the street with all the shops next to the docks... and toward the area where they have the lumberjack shows.

Have a great time!

Oh and if you're going to Skagway and have the time, take the bus tour inland. Absolutely gorgeous in Sept when the leaves up there are starting to turn. DON'T take the train trip... it's pretty but doesn't stop at different places to let you out like the bus does.

I'd go back there in a heartbeat!! Best trip to take other than the ones up to the Crick.

Archived