Only Old Ladies Crochet

Well, first of all, I would have to resist the urge to smack her, throw her out and tell off the realtor!! :devil Second, when my parents sold their house when I was 12, it was more about the rooms looking clean and homey. An afghan over the back of the sofa or a chair, or across the beds isn't anything "old lady". I would think it would help the "charm" of your home. Tell her that you appreciate her suggestions, but some things will stay put! Just because you're selling the house doesn't mean you have to be all packed up now. Then, keep your afghans, etc., right where they are! At least, that's what I would do! :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone noticed the new trend in selling that includes perks? The BMW in the driveway or the Harley in the garage are included in the sale.

The saddest thing is some people are so desperate to sell that they're creating a marketplace where you can't just sell your house anymore - you have 'bend' to blend.

What gets me more than anything else is that in order to sell your house you have to make it better than what you're living in. I'm supposed to buy new patio sets and a front porch set to increase the WOW FACTOR ?!?

The one thing that stuck out to me in this thread is that we're dealing with incredibly talented and creative people here. The people that are coming out to look at the homes (a lot of the time) aren't like us. They're watching the Designed to Sell programs and being programmed to look for these things.

On a personal note - this annoys me - This house should be able to sell itself just for what it is. A site built brick home w/2 car attached garage, 3 bed/2 bath, HUGE kitchen, fireplace and new doors, floors and bathrooms on 21 acres with paved road frontage and 18 acres of 20 yr old pines (a nice cash crop!) with a pole barn and additional 3 car garage with a workshop, storage room and a heated/cooled finished office down back.

But in order to sell it I'm supposed to paint my walls and put out new furniture ?!?

And so concludes my rant on house selling (for the moment)

Archived