sort of a "poll"

dwiggicb

Question

3 answers to this question

I've been enjoying the Bernat Handicrafter Cotton in the large skiens and the Peaches And Cream Cotton cones my DH bought for me to help me have enough cotton for our building yard sale at the end of the month. I make enough dishcloths out of one to make more then my money back if I sell them for a $1 each.

Hope this helps.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

It depends on what I'm making. If it's dishcloths, then I buy Lion Brand Kitchen Cotton. If I need thread for doilies or edgings, I buy DMC Cebelia. If I'm making light, summer shawls and hats, I use Paton's Grace. For baby things, I love Bernat Cottontots and Blue Sky Organic Cotton. I used Cotton Ease for a baby hat once, but wasn't thrilled with the way it turned out; kinda cheap and flimsy and didn't hold its shape.

What are you planning to make with it?

For garments, I like Lion Cotton Ease, TLC Cotton Plus, Berroco Touche for worsted weight, or Patons Grace or Plymouth Wildflower DK for the lighter weight. For kitchen items I use Lion, Aunt Lydia's, Royal or whatever. I make face cloths for gifts and I use Cotton Tots.

Archived