oh no, I want to start another, and another!

hehe, I'm looking through this book, Afghans on the Double... I bought it thinking they were patterns using the double ended crochet hook, but it turns out that they're all made using two stands of yarn. I fell in love with two afghans and I want to get started but I need to finish the graph'ghan first!!! :blush

One is a basic ripple, but then they pull 6 strands through and weave it through the entire length of the ghan, does it ever look nice, and it just adds so much to the appearance! I am going to do it in orange and soft white for my aunt. Then there is a cute and simple shell afghan that I plan to do for my MIL.

I haven't worked on the graph'ghan all week cuz I'm on third shift and I can't do much of anything working these hours (it's currently 3:30am and I'm on break).

So, that's just my thought at this gosh foresaken time of day... :hook

:manyheart I know exactly what you mean. Just got a magazine in the mail today and wanted to start a new project. But then remembered that I have an afghan to complete by Thursday, along with a pair of booties and a bonnet, so I have to wait.

But you do want to start everything. It's just human nature.

Jess: My WIM (work in mind) list is soooo long! I have three projects in the works right now. Unfortunately I go back to teaching in 3 weeks, so my crocheting time is going to be cut back to almost nothing!

I've never had more than one afghan going at a time. Will you do one and then start the second? Or start both at the same time and trade off?

If you do start one, please let me know how working with 2 strands works for you. I did one afghan that way once. Not sure if it was the pattern or the two strands, but I had a hard time with it. My mom gave me the same pattern book you have, and I have been leary of trying any of the patterns. They look great, but using 2 strands?? just not sure. TIA

Archived