I can't wait to use my new yarn winder!!

Well, I finally broke down and bought a yarn winder from Joann's and I just got it yesterday. Yeah!! I can't wait to use it, but I have to wait till after I move :no cause I already packed my yarn and sent it to the new place. Oh well, until then I can play with the 20 skeins of Caron Simply Soft that came in the same shipment.

I got 10 skeins of the SS Heathers in Autumn Heather (pink/peach)

1 skein SS Brites Grape

1 skein SS Brites Mango

1 skein SS Brites brite yellow ( forgot the name of it)

1 skein SS Brites turquoise (forgot the name)

1 skein SS Brites brite green (forgot the name)

5 skeins SS Raspberry

I've been eyeing the Raspberry color for awhile and I finally broke down and got some :cheer yeah for me. I can't wait to get started with my new yarn.

I love buying yarn can't you tell!!!!

I had to hide the box from my bf since I was giving him such a hard time about buying a PS3. I girl has got to be sneaky when buying new things! :devil

Why not wind your new yarn with your new yarn winder - it won't look so new that way and you can tell BF that it's some yarn you forgot to pack . . . .

I found 3 skeins of yarn in a closet I was cleaning out so I decided to break out my new yarn winder. I love this thing. I had 3 Lion Brand skeins that pulled from the outside and they drove me crazy when I was making a blanket with 3 strands.

Well, now they look like cakes that I can stack and are so much easier to use, since now they pull from the middle. Yeah!! :cheer

I need to find more yarn to wind...I'm addicted

Oh...and it only took less then 15 minutes to wind 3 skeins.

I've put a winder and swift on my Birthday/Christmas list for this year. I forget where, but I found a set for around $100.......to purchase both at my LYS was about $125.

I was looking at the swift but I didn't really know what it did. Can someone clue me on on what the swift is used for? :think:hook

A swift is a wooden or plastic frame that holds a hank of yarn while you wind it into a ball.

I had 3 Lion Brand skeins that pulled from the outside and they drove me crazy when I was making a blanket with 3 strands.

Well, now they look like cakes that I can stack and are so much easier to use, since now they pull from the middle.

Actually, Lion Brand skeins are center pull skeins. It's just a bit tricky to find the inside end because it's tucked deep inside. Basically, you need to stick a couple of fingers into the center of the skein and pull out a small bundle. The end will probably be in the bundle. At any rate, it's much easier than trying to extract the inside end from a skein of Cascade Fixation.

Fixation is an elasticized, mostly cotton yarn that I just bought a ball of recently. You'd think an elasticized yarn would be wound somewhat loosely so as not to stretch the elastic, but no, it was the tightest wound skein I have ever worked with including some that I wound too tight. :think

Archived