Using Regular WW for baby items?

If it is Caron simply soft or Red Heart super soft and even the lion brand or caron pounders, I would say make a baby afghan from it. I have used these and everyone who purchased one was extremely satisfied and happy and loved the softness. I also wash the afghan before giving it as a gift or selling it and no one has ever complained. They usually compliment how soft the afghan is.

I rarely use "baby yarn" for baby blankets because I hate working with the stuff. Too thin and too fussy.:no

I generally use RHSS and wash it with Woolite and Downy when I'm done. Caron Simply Soft would be a good alternative though.

Using WW will throw off your gauge though (if you care about such things, I don't :blush ) so you'll have to adjust accordingly.

The next baby blanket I make for a specific person (as opposed to building a gift stash or for charity), I'm going to make with Shine Worsted from KnitPicks. That yarn is soooo soooft.

Anna:hook

I used RH SS or Caron Pounders for blankies, then put it in the dryer with uncented sheets (see yarn lable). H or I hook with a sloid pattern is not as tight/stiff feeling. Lacy patterns work up fine with WW. If you are using a certain pattern, the gauge might be off, but it won't matter for blankies (a little bigger is better). I've never had any complaints, except once when a 2 YO liked the baby's blankie better (I had make another the same).

Ellie 13

I used a Caron 1 Pounder for a baby blanket for my cousin's new baby (1st born) and he and his wife both raved on and on about how incredibly soft it was. :D I wouldn't hesitate to use it again. I do usually use the Pound of Love but other yarns have more colors available.

Archived