Amigurumi Questions

mellowe67

Question

Just wondering if anyone can with Amigurumi questions. I noticed one of the upcoming month's charities is for stuffed animals. I have only ever tried one, a lamb from Planet June. While the pattern was not too difficult to follow, I had an awful time trying to attach the legs, arms, head, ears, tail, etc to the main body. I finally gave up and shoved all the pieces into a bag.

So, are there any easy Amigurumi patterns out there for beginners, preferrably crocheted mostly in one piece, or ones that don't involve too much hand sewing at the end. (I can handle eyes and whiskers.)

Thanks so much for any help, I'm anxious to try something new.

7 answers to this question

Try this one...

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27075

I designed this pattern. There is very little sewing involved with this mouse.

I have actually taught people who are VERY new to crocheting how to do this mouse.

If you know how to sc, and slp st, you can do this one.

Let me know what you think!

i have a question, how do you sew together an amigurumi and make sure all extremities stay put??

I just use yarn and a tapestry needle. If you sew through the limb to the body enough times, they will stay put:)

I know some use fishing line to sew with, and I have used dental floss for some of my mini bears.

Just make sure your stitches are tight, and there are enough stitches, you should have no problems then.

I have done a couple of Kristie's patterns and I believe they are easy to follow and make.

Sometimes if you start out with a larger ami it is alittle easier. I have made many of them but it was hard in the beginning to do tiny ones.

Try one here

http://amigurumipatterns.blogspot.com/

i have a question, how do you sew together an amigurumi and make sure all extremities stay put??

I use yarn and a tapestry needle, but I really really like the needle with the little bit of a bend at the tip (clover makes them) as, it helps with getting the stitch in a 3-d item.

also SEW the parts together after they are stuffed well...

I've been making limbs as separate parts, and sewing them on "like a button" to make jointed limbs. Though you can also leave them open at the point where they'll join the body (the limb will be a tube that is closed at the hand -foot -paw end...) pin it in place, so it attaches in a circular pattern against the body.

Be patient and don't rush. :) Don't be too perfectionist on the first few you make either. Sometimes, the slightly off kilter, is what makes them cute, and brings out a sense of personality.

With the first few, work in a chunky or bulky yarn, (patterns seem to size up fairly easily)... maybe even try some freehand and see what you turn up with.

Aww Melanie, I'm sorry you had troubles finishing my lamb :( Maybe I should write up a tutorial for finishing fuzzy amigurumi...

In the mean time, I have written one that shows how to make a nice smooth join for regular unjointed amigurumi (where you have an open end that you need to attach to a finished piece) - maybe this will help with future projects: http://www.planetjune.com/blog/joining-amigurumi/

Hope it is useful to some of you :)

Archived