Yarn conversion??

I know I posted a message similar to this before but I still didn't get my question answered. I am interested in making this sweater:

19-1.jpg

It calls for Materials: DROPS SAFRAN

350-400-400-450-500 gr nr 03, light mint

What is that in weight? oz? I think I found a calculator that told me if I make the 500 gr one it is equal to 17.5 oz. But is it a bulky, regular worsted weight, sport weight, #10 thread?

Thanks for any help you can give me. There was another sweater on this site that calls for an Alpaca type yarn. I don't even know how to convert these. Please help!! Is there a list somewhere??

i've made something from Drops Designs. I made the different colored halter. I used Caron SS, which is a worsted weight and it came out fine for me. The gauge was perfect. However, I would probably use a sportweight. It's hard to really tell from the picture but that yarn looks like a cotton dk...? Maybe try looking up the exact yarn on the website to see all the ballistics on the yarn that way you will have a better idea of how to substitute it.

The pattern says that you need a 3.5mm hook for the pattern. if you find a yarn that uses/recommends that same hook, you should be good to go.

Work a swatch in any case.

Archived