Question about ripple afghans

A ripple is just a formula of stitches to create the ripple effect. Here is a link to the formula I use when creating a ripple

http://pumamouse.com/crochetrippleformula.html

In answer to your question. It all depends on the length of the foundation chain as to how wide (or tall, however you want to look at it) the Afghan is and how many rows you want to do to make the length (or width).

My understanding is that the side to side ripples are just bottom to top ripples done with a longer foundation row to create the length and then the rows create the width.

Now, If I am wrong I will learn something new :D

Thank you very, very much Angie, for the info and the link to that fascinating ripple formula. I think get it now. So the difference is really just in the length-to-width ratio that you create by adjusting the number of stitches versus the number of rows. :clap

Thank you very, very much Angie, for the info and the link to that fascinating ripple formula. I think get it now. So the difference is really just in the length-to-width ratio that you create by adjusting the number of stitches versus the number of rows. :clap

Roger Doger :tup

Archived