I just had to break away from the same patterns

So I usually make bags (mostly fabric, some crochet too), and I love doing it. My mom is having a 'open house' for me to sell my bags and her friend's jewlery later this year. I've been a busy bee trying to have lots and lots of bags, all shapes, sizes and colors to sell, sell, sell! But as I sat watching Ghost Hunters tonight, instead of sewing lining to a cute little chenille bag I made, my Caron 1-lb'er in a pretty light green called my name! I found the Baby Bubble-stitch afghan on CPC and off I went. It's coming on nicely, got quite a few rows done during my fav show. I've been wanting to scoop up that pounder for a while, (since AC had them for $2.79!!!) and make a baby 'ghan, and, I suppose this is the point of my story,: I feel soooo good prying myself away from the 'need to do' projects and doing just what I want to do. I'll kick myself later when that little chenille bag is not finished... but OH WELL! haha Just wanted to share my story. I guess im a "lots of projects at once" crocheter! :yarn (as I'm sure lots of you are!)

Oh, yeah, I'm a lots of projects crocheter. It seems to me that taking a break from the bags can only help you be more productive and creative when you get back to them. At least, that would be my excuse! :lol

Linda Y

I used to be a one project crocheter, however, I now get bored with staring at one project at a time, especially with big projects like afghans. Hope you get all the bags done. Your doing what would be impossible for me to do. I just couldn't sell my work, I don't want to feel like my stuff isn't worth what I would imagine it to be. However, that is just my opinion, I would rather give my work to friends and family as gifts than sell things.

It's okay to break away from the "Need To Do" projects and just do something for the joy of it once in a while. Perhaps to spice things up, you could do a few other projects to sell instead of just bags.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

Even though I do it, and am doing it now, I like to finish what I'm doing, so sometimes I have NO desire to go back to a WIP. I have little self-discipline! :blush

Sometimes it is just what your brain need...a break from the same kind of projects. That is always why I have so many going on at the same time. Breaks it up a bit. A good deal on the yarn too!

Alright...a fellow "Ghost Hunter" watcher! Although, I have to admit that I haven't watched any of the episodes for a while. I think I stopped watching after Season 2 ended. Is Season 3 already in progress or are they just airing re-runs?

It starts in Sept but the ones I saw Wed. nite I'd never seen before,(although I still watch episodes i've seen already!)... must have been from Season 1 b/c Dave Tango wasn't part of the team yet. Ghosts Beware! haha

Anyway! The bag frienzy has begun again.. I can't type fast enough to get back to it!

It's so nice to read all of your personal experiences because I don't feel like I have "project ADD" :hyper:applause

Archived