Got a response from Caron

Basically they are having issues with the start of the yarn, not being white enough which is causing the dyes to adjust differently. they agreed to replace 3 skeins of yarn :clap and in color of my choice :clap (again) and hopefully have this issue resolved by August. i didn't ask whether I was going to get 6oz or 3 oz.. darn i knew i was forgetting something..

Basically they are having issues with the start of the yarn, not being white enough which is causing the dyes to adjust differently. they agreed to replace 3 skeins of yarn :clap and in color of my choice :clap (again) and hopefully have this issue resolved by August. i didn't ask whether I was going to get 6oz or 3 oz.. darn i knew i was forgetting something..

A few years ago I wrote to Caron about the same thing --they apoligized and sent me 3- 1 pounders--an off white that Im using for an afgan for my bed

They are a good company and care about their costumers ---usually get their yarn --I like it

Vreni

I used to work for the main company - National Spinning - which Caron is a spinoff. It definitely is a good place to work. I often ask for donations of yarn when I make items for the nursing homes and they are always willing to help (yarn & thread). I get a big boxful - just waiting for me with my name on it. I miss that place!!! :cry The manufacturing plant let a bunch of people go years ago - now just a small crew work there. I really learned how yarn got produced from start to finish. Very interesting.

Archived