Versatile Wrap Pattern Available

Noahsmom

All of your decreasing is done at the beginning of each row. This confused me at first too, but it works out wonderfully! You are right to have 85 sts left, now ch1 and turn and work your decreases again, and hdc in remaining sts.....you shoule have 79 stitiches now. Hope this helps!

Thanks, Theresa, it does help. I guess the introduction section of the pattern maybe needs a quick tweak to remove the "three stitches at the end" part.

I don't think I have time to get back to it today but I'll give it a go tomorrow. :)

Heather

Thanks, Theresa, it does help. I guess the introduction section of the pattern maybe needs a quick tweak to remove the "three stitches at the end" part.

Heather

Hi,

I'm sorry you didn't understand something. It was just a pattern I made up and offered to share for free but I also offered to help if you had questions, just email me and I'll be happy to help you with any problem.

Actually, you do decrease at the beginning and the end, you just do not decrease the same way at the beginning that you do at the end. It is confusing and hard to explain, that is why I wrote out how many stitches to make on each row, so you wouldn't have to try and figure out where to stop and start. If you just follow the number of stitches to MAKE that I have listed and instructions for each row, it comes out right. I thought that was the easiest way for you to understand it and have the most success.

I think some are confusing "making" decrease stitches and decreasing by "leaving some stitches unworked". (Making it harder than it really is ;) ). You do not make decreasing stitches at the ends, you just stop at a certain point and do not use some of the stitches at the end of the row. I'll have to go back and check the very 1st row, it may be different, I make them from memory now so I don't pay attention to the first row, but I know throughout the rest of the pattern you do not work to the end of each row, that's why I wrote at the top it would be this way. If you get going on it and make a couple of rows, you will see what I mean. I knew some would think I left something out and would have questions. That was my way of giving you a "heads up". Just follow the numbers for each row and it works. HTH :hook

Hi,

I'm sorry you didn't understand something. It was just a pattern I made up and offered to share for free but I also offered to help if you had questions, just email me and I'll be happy to help you with any problem.

Actually, you do decrease at the beginning and the end, you just do not decrease the same way at the beginning that you do at the end. It is confusing and hard to explain, that is why I wrote out how many stitches to make on each row, so you wouldn't have to try and figure out where to stop and start. If you just follow the number of stitches to MAKE that I have listed and instructions for each row, it comes out right. I thought that was the easiest way for you to understand it and have the most success.

I hope you didn't think I was mad or trying to criticize you - absolutely not! I think it's gorgeous and I want to do it right. I know you were willing to answer email, but I just thought posting it here might help if someone else ran into it as well.

I haven't gotten back to it yet, but I did count the stitches I had left after doing the first decreases and I have only 85, so that would take me right to the end, which I don't think is what you're saying should happen. If I'm reading you right, I should be leaving 3 unworked stitches at the end of the row and I don't have any.

Thanks a lot for the pattern... I wouldn't have a clue how to design something and I'm always so impressed with people who do. :)

Heather

• 3 weeks later...

Archived