Poke thru those "free" boxes at yard sales

Here's another free beauty I found jammed into a box marked "free" at a yard sale a few years back.

beigeafghan002.jpgIt was covered in really questionable dirt and stains and I figured hey why not give it a try. I brought it home and first off bleached it ... a good long overnight soaking ... then I rinsed it several times and then I put it outside to lay in the sunlight ... and that was all this beauty needed!

Here's a close-up of this chunky crochet ... it's on the heavy side but in the winter when I'm watching TV it's ideal.beigeafghan005.jpgEvery month or so I put it out over my fence to air out and get a bit of a sun bath. I only wash it if it gets dirty from a spill. Sometimes I'll toss it into the dryer on no heat with a fabric sheet and a wet washcloth just to give it a bit of sweetness and softness.

So next time you go to a junk/charity store or a yard sale or anywhere there's a free box...don't forget to take a quick look for treasure!

WOW Great find!! I love yard sales... we don't have many in our area so to find a "good" one is an hour drive.... Which means waking up before the chickens on a Sat..... It happens maybe twice a year....I have found nothing this beautiful!

Archived