Harry Potter

Hello Everyone!

I have been enjoying this website anonymously for months and I have finally been persuaded to join and post! Being an avid crocheter, I always look for hidden crocheted work in movies and TV and last night found one! I went to a midnight showing of the new Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and the character Ginny Weasley is wearing a crocheted vest made up of granny squares. I wished they would have shown more of her, but there was a close up shot, she is sitting at a long dinner table, and you can definitely see the squares and that she was wearing some sort of long sleeve tee shirt or turtleneck underneath it. I'm sure it'll be a matter of time before patterns are being posted for this unique item!

Hi Debbie-a1! Watch for the scene towards the beginning of the movie. I think the 3 main characters have just gone to London, and were just sitting down at a really long table to eat dinner. The table was packed full of people, and I thought......is that Ginny wearing a granny square vest? Then when they showed her in close up, yes indeed. I love spotting crocheted items in the media. My 13 yr old nephew was with me and nudged me saying, looks like someone in the magical world crochets too. Wise guy. Lol.

There was actually more crochet. Luna Lovegood (What a great character!) wore a blue crocheted capelet/bolero - I couldn't quite tell how it was constructed. She also wore a thin scarf in the Hogs Head scene that was definitly crocheted.

I saw the granny squares also. I went to the movie with my daughter I love Harry Potter she went because of me. All the movies have great crochet and knit items I wish they would put out a pattern book. Yes I do have the charmed knits pattern book but it is not jk rowling idea still a great book.

Luna by far wears the most crochet in the film. I love that everyone else was in knits most of the time while she wore crochet, because I think the nature of crochet - the fact that stitches can go in any direction, be done in the round, make elaborate lacy patterns - suits her personality very well.

Archived