Projects for County Fair-Due July 30th

Hi Everyone.

I'm in the midst of making things for the county fair. Will I get it all done? I sure hope so.

So Far, I have made:

2 Afghans (baby size) (done)

2 clothing Items (done)

1 ornament (almost done)

1 Dolly outfit (almost done)

1 Plastic Canvas item (done)

1 Misc. crochet item (working frantically on it)

And this year, I cut back on how many things I can enter. Last year, I entered 12 items plus two bakery items.

Now, Who's making things for their fairs and are you panicking about getting them completed on time?

I love entering the fair. Things I think are just ok usually get good awards and things I think are terrific, just get average awards. You just never know how the judge(s) will rate your item.

DH went to his dad's house tonight for dinner, so I have all night to work!

Or at least until 10, when I generally go to bed.:lol

So What are you entering?

:manyheart

I am just submitting one blanket- a pieced/ crocheted together (aka granny style) blanket. This is my first fair and I'm really excited. Being that we are almost neighbors, which county fair are your wonderful pieces going into? I will be submitting to the DuPage County Fair in Wheaton, IL. Good Luck, I am sure you'll do great.

I entered our local county fair for the very first time!!! Since it was my first time, I only entered one item, a baby blanket, that will be given to a local charity after the fair.

The fair opens Friday!

Good Luck to you!

Our fair is from September 28th – October 7th. The entry for the items entered is due September 1 but the actual items don't have to be there until September 26 so I have time to finish the things I plan to take. I have...

Several photographs ~ yet to be chosen

1 doily ~ done

1 Christmas tree skirt ~ done

1 cross-stitch flowers ~ done

1 Christening set ~ almost finished

4 placemats ~ haven't started but shouldn't take long

1 cake ~ will be baked the day of the tasting (but there will be lots of taste testing going on in the mean time)

If I have time I might do a couple of afghans; not sure if they will be baby or full size.

I entered a couple of afghans in the Maricopa County Fair this past April - I'nm looking ahead to the State Fair now in October! Our entries are due at the end of September, which really isnt that far away. Yikes! I'll probably enter just two afghans... we'll see! :)

It's the McHenry County Fair. It's still at the old fairgrounds on Route 47. Every year, they say will be their last at this location, but it hasn't moved yet!

I've never entered any of my pieces.....'cause I'm CHICKEN!!!!:scared

Don't be chicken! Enter something. You will be surprised at how you do.

My first year was surprising. My baby afghan didn't win anything:( but my doll outfit (pink dress, bonnet, botties, and white diaper) won a First Place/Best of show award. Ever since then, I've been hooked on entering.

Also, my friend in my knitting/crochet group entered a sweater for the first time and won a First Prize/Best of Show award also.

You just never know how you will do unless you are willing to try. My first year, I only entered 2 things and since then, I have entered at least 6 things per year.

It's the fun of it that drives me. Plus a little prize money to boot! And I mean very little prize money. First prize-$4, Second Prize $3 and Third prize $1.:lol So I walk out with about $15-$20 bucks a year. :lol But they put your name in the paper and others see it too.

Archived