thread traveling

CJD

Question

I am crocheting a custom afghan with 4 different colors. I'm carrying each unused color across and crocheting over them until time to pick it up again. It works very well as long as the thread is kept pulled tight ande only shows on the back side. The problem is; every other row is the front side and the thread shows through. Any suggestions?

2 answers to this question

try the help forum :) people will jump in here and see there is nothing to show and tell and jump right out again.

on your right side rows can you flip the yarn being carried to the back/front, which ever it needs to be to carry the same side as the rest? hopefully you can just move it before you start crocheting so you can carry it along the right side. i have only done this in the round so not really sure and just guessing

Carrying 3 strands makes for a thick carry. You could try picking a side to be the front and then push the yarn around. The problem with that is once it starts getting washed you have no control over where the strands will end up.

Do you have a pic of the pattern you're doing?

Archived