Navajo yarn

Carol

:woo A friend just got back from a trip through the Southwest and brought me a gift of four hanks of wool yarn she purchased at a Navajo trading post. There's gray, tan, teal and dark red. She said the Navajos sheer, spin and dye the wool themselves. I am sooooo excited about this; it's a wonderful gift, and I can't wait to scope out some patterns for a wall hanging. (Any ideas/links sincerely appreciated!)

I'll take a pic as soon as I can and post it.

Carol

wow that is wonderful. and it is so cool that the navajo people can spin this yarn and sell it. i wish i could work with wool, but can't as i am allergic to it:angry i wonder if they have a website for selling it though. can't wait to see the picture of both the yarn and what you make with it.:manyheart vicki

I remember when I was younger and took a trip out to Utah. There are tons of reservations and posts. I remember all the beautiful rugs and never even thought about how they were made or what they were made with , i was too young. I bet the wool you got is beautiful and what you make with it will be even more beautiful. Plus, I'm sure it is blessed by the Navajo people. That's special.

Archived