tunisian stitch help with specialty stitch

lttrovato

Question

:eek Hello Everyone,

I just joined your community and have hope that you can save me from insanity. I have been working Tunisian crochet for many years, but recently, became aware of all the variations from that basic stitch. I purchased 101 Easy Tunisian Stitches by Carolyn Christmas and Dorris Brooks. I am able to do all the stitches that I have attempted with the exception of stitch no.80 on pg. 56. Naturally, it seems to be my favorite stitch. Would someone please help me understand how to do this stitch? I have run out of ideas. Either my senior brain is asleep or I am just stupid. I just know I am either going to be committed to the local mental instituation or it will take me forever to figure out. But I do know I will not give it up. Even if Christmas gifts have come and gone. Thank you for your attention. Teri Washington State

4 answers to this question

Teri, I just received your note by email about this stitch. It took me a minute to figure this one out.

First, do a yarn over to add an extra loop on your hook. Now, do three of the stitches named in the book. Now, the tricky part. With your non-hook hand, reach over to that initial yarn over. Pull it over the 3 stitches on your hook and let it just drop off the hook. So, you're literally pulling that yarn over up, over and off the hook.

Sorry I can't be completely descriptive about the stitches, but I think it would be a bad idea for me to give the entire stitch pattern away in a public forum. But, I'm sure you'll get the idea. :compute

from what I just read this sounds like a passover stitch from knitting stitches. if I'm wrong please let me know.

Teri, I just received your note by email about this stitch. It took me a minute to figure this one out.

First, do a yarn over to add an extra loop on your hook. Now, do three of the stitches named in the book. Now, the tricky part. With your non-hook hand, reach over to that initial yarn over. Pull it over the 3 stitches on your hook and let it just drop off the hook. So, you're literally pulling that yarn over up, over and off the hook.

Sorry I can't be completely descriptive about the stitches, but I think it would be a bad idea for me to give the entire stitch pattern away in a public forum. But, I'm sure you'll get the idea. :compute

Archived