Moda Dea Twist Wrap Help!

LoveHime

Question

I have now clue what I am doing right now...I saw that pattern in a magazine and while it is intermediate I thought it was about time I got of the easy stuff and try something a little more challenging....Now I'm stuck at almost the very beginning of the project.

:blush

I don't know if I can post the pattern instructions but if I can I will. In the mean time if anyone has done this pattern and can offer me some help I'd be grateful. I've gotten the easy part done the Left Front (C-Shaped split on left front) but it's when I got to the part that's titled Connect ends to form opening I am getting confused. I don't understand where they want me to start the first row or how to "gently curve the piece into a C-shape and work across opposite end of piece to form opening".

:no:eek HELP :eek:no

10 answers to this question

Could you please post a link? I can't get to that pattern - other than to look at the picture - nohow :wlol

if this is only available in the magazine, could you tell us the mag. I might have it or might not... :sigh

I think I understand what they mean but I would like to be sure

Then my guess is that you will form and close the C-shape on one end of the shawl. The instructions should tell you this. it might even be to whip stitch the two edges together. If you look at the C below, you will join the two presenting edges of the C on one end and form a circle from the C

C

when it is time to join it, you will link it through the first opening and then connect the two parts of this C in an unobtrusive manner.

That is just a guess based on how I would do that. so it might not be what they want at all.

The thing is I don't even have a shawl so far all I have, according to the pattern is this little scarp (

click me). The first part of the pattern is easy but it's this one little paragraph that keeps on stumping me (Click Me). I don't even know where to start with the questions....for instance what is the bottom edge??? I have not a clue what I am doing...

:thair:bang:thair

When I first saw this I did wonder if they started from a common chain at the Centre Back. why is your sample so small? how far in is that in the pattern?

OK, does it have to be this pattern? If not, see below. If yes, then I think you need someone who has the pattern as I can't guess what they were thinking with this one.

What I would do if I wanted to make something like this is...

Make a chain that is just long enough to fall comfortably around the shoulders and just cross nicely at the centre.

Work several rows (about one third of your overall intended length) of your pattern stitch working some increased stitches in each row . Break off the yarn.

I am guessing that you would want about 6 to 8 inches of material to make that twist so make a chain about that long then pick up your already worked shawl and start back in with the pattern at a point that same 6 to 8 inches in from the end.

Work along that row and stop about 6 - 8 inches from the end of the row and just work a chain equal to the chains at the beginning of the row.

continue with the pattern having *rows the full length but then begin to reduce the stitches at the ends while still building and increasing the overall wrap.

When you are happy with the length finish it off in a way that you like.

Then go back and form that closure with one side and then the other connected through as shown.

*rows = enough to match the top portion of this.

I might work this up as a pattern... just not today :wlol

I think I know what you have to do but I don't know if I can explain it... Ok you have the small swatch what you want to do now is do the fpdtr on the one side (the shorter ones now not the long sides) and then once you finish that side you turn the piece into a C shape and work along the other short side and that forms the C. I hope that helped :think if not let me know and I will try to draw something up in paint

Ok I took the picture you posted of your start and did paint on it to show you what I think your supposed to do LOL it's kinda sad but I think it might help you figure out how its supposed to be

Ok so where your hook is you work across that side (the blue is the ch4 then the teal is where your fpdtr would go) work how it says until it says to work on other end and form a C so then what you would do is grab the other end across from the end you just worked on and start (the yellow dot for a twisted C look or the brown dot for a non twisted C look) and work across. That will make your C shape and then I assume you will continue increasing (the pattern should say) to make it the size it's supposed to be.

Hope that helps!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v334/jkent721/?action=view&current=CoffeeandCream003-1.jpg

I have also been rethinking this one working from that centre back starting chain. I can see what they did.

Short answer.

make a chain about as long as you want the shawl to be (measured down your back.

Work the pattern forward from the beginning chain using the FPDC as shown.

As you work to the front, begin to decrease stitches between the FPDC.

When you get to the point of having to work that opening. Work on one side of the opening as far as needed. reattach the yarn and work the other side for the opening. You can join the two edges/ends at this point so that they form that closed ring.

Go back to your beginning chain and work the same thing from the other side of the chain. be sure to loop the second end through the first before crocheting the edges together.

I am actually making one for Dora to test my theory. :rofl

My group will be happy if nothing else.

Thank You Darski and Mommy2jj3604!!!

Between the two of you I think I know what to do!!!

:cheer:ghug:cheer

Thanks for the pic's mommy! And I hope your wrap comes out nice Darski I think I'll customize this one b/c some of the things that they suggest I do could be done a lot easier.

Thank you!

:manyheart

Archived