Has anyone ever made this cardigan?

(I wasn't sure if this should be here or in the Seeking Patterns forum--sorry if I'm in the wrong place!)

Has anyone ever made this? http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/projects/june99_crochet.html I wish they had a bigger photo... It looks cute but I wish I could see how it looks up close. It so happens that I've acquired 9 skeins (27 oz) of Wool-Ease (worsted), and that would be enough for this.

I'm thinking hard about it, but I already have jitters about making a sweater (I've never made one before) and then there's the far-away photo. But from a distance at least it's the cutest cardigan pattern I've found for free--all the other ones I've found so far are either looser than what I want--I'm looking for something that isn't too boxy--or take more yarn than what I've got for the project or take a different weight of yarn.

So if anyone's made this please please please let me know how you liked it when it was finished! Please?

Oooh I'd love to know too... I would like to make a white cardigan since it seems impossible to buy a nice one, and that looks really cute from what I can see. If I was allowed to crochet now I'd offer myself up as a guinea pig... heehee

Now that I have something to add to my yarn list, maybe the 25 dollar minimum for free shipping at herrschners isn't out of reach!

What a bummer that you can't crochet right now! But that's more time to plan on projects for when you can ;) I hope you heal up soon!

I think I will go ahead and make it. I'm starting to think I won't find another one that can be made with the amount/weight of yarn that I've got (9 skeins of Wool-Ease in blue mist-- http://www.lionbrand.com/graphics/yarns/620-115b.jpg ), and I think this yarn would make a really pretty cardigan. And it really is hard to find a nice cardigan in the stores anymore! I have a few zippered ones, but none that button.

Not like I'm not in the middle of about 97 projects or anything :P But then this yarn came (birthday gift) and I stated thinking cardigan...

stacey, sweaters are not that hard to do, just need to stay in gauge. i have made several although not that one, but am going to i think cause it looks easy. and is pretty. if ya need anyhelp from me girl let me know, i say GO FOR IT!!!!!:lol:cheer :cheer :lol :lol vicki

Archived