JoAnns Craft Sensations Hooks

I have found my new favorite hooks :cheer....these were on clearance at JoAnns about a month or so ago for $1 each so I got one of each they had thinking, "can never have too many hooks!" They had B, C, G, H, I and J and one in between a G & H. They are light grey and I thought they were plastic. When I opened them I was suprised to find all but the I and J were metal, maybe aluminum - haven't gotten a magnet out to test them, and painted grey. They have a great feel, nice length. So I've been back about three more time and now have between 4 and 6 of each of the metal ones. Since they're on clearance they will be gone and I will never see them again. Sigh. I wish the larger sizes in the metal. I thought I would never use anything but Boye or wood. I don't know what it is about these hooks, but I'm HOOKED!!!

I actually bought a couple of the circular knitting needles in that brand, thinking they were plastic, but found out they were metal as well. They're so much better than the other junky Susan Bates needles I have - the finish stays on really well and they're nice and lightweight without being flimsy.

And I just bought them because they were on clearance. Go figure. ^-^

The only hooks that were on sale or clearance at my local Joann's were the lighted clover hooks (40% off I think). I didn't buy any. But I did buy the July/August issue of Crochet Today. It has some very interesting patterns, to say the least!

• 2 weeks later...

I saw them too just last night marked down under a dollar. It's too bad that people don't know what they are. I thought they were plastic as well and I don't like the plastic hooks. They should have packaged them better so they would show off a bit. They will be gone soon. They also have that cute sheep tape measure marked down to $1.99!!!

Archived