Diagonal Lace Afghan

tme0521

Question

I posted this in the Crochet Along forum by accident!! Anyways, this is my first time crocheting a diagonal lace pattern.

This pattern calls for an inc and a shell pattern. On the first row you create the inc. For row 2 it says to inc, then shell ( sc, ch 2 , dc) in ch sp on first row

Does this mean to create the shell in the actual "space" made with the ch3???

As I was moving along and doing the pattern, it looked like a bunch of mess!! Please help!!

3 answers to this question

I understand making the shell. What I don't understand is: shell in ch sp on row 1 or shell in ea ch sp. Does that mean in the space or the chain??

That's where I'm getting confused!!:think

I understand making the shell. What I don't understand is: shell in ch sp on row 1 or shell in ea ch sp. Does that mean in the space or the chain??

That's where I'm getting confused!!:think

When you start with your ch 6 and work that dc into 4th ch from hook, you have formed a ch 3 space that will be used to create a later shell (I would call it a block) and the 3 dc are the "shell".

What I found most important is that you have to twist the ch 6 section(once it is worked) for the next row so that it lines up and you can work that sc into the ch 3 spaces..

I have taken pics of this if it will help but it might be hard to see the stitches. If you want them posted just yell and I can do so.

Archived