Dainty bonnet

Daydreamer-girl

Question

I´m gonna try thread crochet for the first time, and found a cute bonnet at antique pattern library.The bonnet is at page 40 in "Corticelli [02] Lessons in Crochet Book No. 2."

I use a 1,25mm hook and thread which is "suitable" for this hook (thicker thread and bigger hook than what´s used in the pattern).

My problems are (so far):

How to attach the thread to the first knot in row 3. It says "make a loop and thread through end of first knot". I don´t understand the "make a loop", what kind of stitch is used to attach the thread to the first knot?

My other problem is that the bonnet don´t "go outwards", but "inwards" like a ball, since there´s no increasing when crocheting the knots. How can I solve this problem? Will it be better if I make the knots bigger (longer than 1/4 inch)?

I´m no good in explaining my problems in english, hope you understand...

2 answers to this question

I´m gonna try thread crochet for the first time, and found a cute bonnet at antique pattern library.The bonnet is at page 40 in "Corticelli [02] Lessons in Crochet Book No. 2."

I use a 1,25mm hook and thread which is "suitable" for this hook (thicker thread and bigger hook than what´s used in the pattern).

My problems are (so far):

How to attach the thread to the first knot in row 3. It says "make a loop and thread through end of first knot". I don´t understand the "make a loop", what kind of stitch is used to attach the thread to the first knot?

My other problem is that the bonnet don´t "go outwards", but "inwards" like a ball, since there´s no increasing when crocheting the knots. How can I solve this problem? Will it be better if I make the knots bigger (longer than 1/4 inch)?

I´m no good in explaining my problems in English, hope you understand...

I tried this to the 3rd round and what I did was go into that first stitch (the TR where I did my first knot stitch loop) and draw up a loop just as if I were going to begin again but then I pulled it through the spot at the top of the first knot stitch.

I also don't see how it is to grow without some increases so I can't help you there.

Archived