Shiny Silver Thread?

creativegoodness

Question

Hi All....I am making a shawl for my mom's co-worker. She wants black TLC Amore, but she also wants shiny silver in it. Now, any suggestions? I know I'll have to carry along the thread with the yarn. Anyone have any favorite brands or anywhere where you find a good selection? Tips? Have never used thread before.

Thanks!!!!

3 answers to this question

Jessi, I'll tell you what might be great for that is some silver lurex to carry with it. Jess (xantha) has bought some and would have a better answer for this, but I think it might work well. It would be something you would carry with it, and you'd definitely have tons to work with and not have to worry about running out.

It's just a thought, and the first one that came to my mind. Of course, I'm totally in love with the lurex right now so you can imagine how long it took me to think of it. :wink

I agree with Julie -- I think the silver lurex is a good option here! It's fairly thin, but I think it would add just enough silvery sparkle to the amore. I also think it would be easier to carry with the Amore (I'd wind them together, most likely).

Jessi, I'm sending you a PM... :)

Archived