What should I do?

LadyTwilyte

Question

4 answers to this question

Swatch it first. It is my fav type of K or C pattern, it just tells to to K until it is x inches at this point, y inches at that point, etc. Just make sure that whatever yarn/hook you use, you can meet the required given dimensions every step of the way. The other poster is correct, you will initially crochet it really BIG as it will shrink way down when felted. The K pattern will take this into account, because if you felt, you have to k it way bigger too. I notice it is metric, you should be able to convert it out to inches (just google metric conversion table, you should be able to find a website that will compute it for you). I knit too, so I've bookmarked it.

Knitting and crochet felt differently in different directions - one felts more width-wise and the other more length-wise......but I forget which does which.....:think But you need to expect that when you felt it, it will shrink by about 1/3 to 1/2. When making felted items, I usually use a size L hook and a hdc stitch with one strand of yarn (knitting usually uses two strands of yarn held together, but crochet stitches already double up the yarn so you really only need to use one strand of yarn with crochet).

And like Tygger said, swatch it, then just make it to the measurements you figure out.

Archived