Needing Assistance!

mazeygirl

Question

:angry I am presently working on a wrap/shawl project. The measurements will be about 18x62. The foundation row is curly and not straight. I wonder if the chain row is too tight. I am using RH Plush yarn for this project.

4 answers to this question

It may straighten out as you continue or you could begin again and use a larger hook for the foundation chain(only).

Most of my stuff curls to start and works out as I continue. I crochet very loosely and it still does that.

I have a theory that it is about how we form our stitches. While sewing, you can form a cup shape just by how you work the material while stitching. I think this same effect may be happening while we crochet. I have no proof.. just a theory. :wlol

:cheer Can you tell us the number of CH and the foundation row?

If we have this info, we can try it out to see what might be going on.

Could be the CH is too firm but there could be other things which cause it to not sit straight.

With more info, we can better diagnose the problem.

For now, have another coffee and put your feet up.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

:hug I really appreciate the speedy replies to the problem I am having with my wrap/shawl project. The foundation chain for this project was to chain 76, sc in second ch from hook and each ch across. I have gone to far to "frog it," but the next time if take on this project I will use a larger hook for the foundation chain.

:yay Thanks again for your help!

Archived