Thread Crochet carry bag

Dodged5

I got tired of carrying my stuff from place to place in a plastic grocery bag. Never could find what I wanted in the bottom of it and I always forgot to bring something I needed. So, I had an idea. I don't know if this is original or not but it came to me and I made it today. Now I'm organized. Memory is still bad but I'll have all my stuff regardless.

I started with a 3lb coffee can and a bunch of blue denim. I cut out the denim to fit around the can and cut a piece for the bottom too. Then I made pockets and a carry strap and sewed them onto the denim. Made a draw string top and I was done.

The pockets hold a full set of steel hooks, scissors, pencil, and a magnifying glass for my tired old eyes. Inside I can put several balls of thread, copy of a pattern and other nit-noid things.

Now I can crochet and the ball of thread stays put in the can and all of my stuff is in one place and ready to go out the door at a moments notice.

Here are some pictures. If this is not an original idea, don't disillusion me. I like to think I have brilliant ideas from time to time.

BagFront.jpg

First, sorry about the double post, my computer burped. Can't seem to find a way to delete the extra one.

Here are some other views of the bag.

Bagback.jpgBagclosed.jpgBagopen.jpg

I love it! I have been tryig to come up with an idea for carrying my "stuff" around in.... I like your idea better! I just took a plastic bucket from work , used a drill that you would make a hole for a door knob and put 2 large holes in the top lid and sanded the edges down around the holes fo my yarn wouldn't catch. But your has a handle AND it is pretty! PRETTY COOL THAT IS! I love it! Kudos to you! And I think it is very original!

Archived