snapdragon stitch

Jessieboogie

Question

I am confused about something. on row two it tells me to 3 dc in last sp. I dont understand why because there are no other 3 dc in the pattern. also it tells me to chain 3 to start the row......then 2 dc in next ch-1sp....now do i only do one dc cause the ch 3 counts as the first dc? HELP!!!! Thanks to anyone who can!!!

:blush

4 answers to this question

Not knowing the pattern you are talking about, I can't say why you need to put 3 dc's in the last space when there are no other dc's in the pattern. Perhaps it's to balance the item. However, the ch 3 is the first dc, but you do put 2 dc's in the next ch1 space, the ch3 would count as 1 dc, but the pattern seems to begin and end w/3dc's .

If the url posted does have the same snapdragon pattern, the three dc at the end is like half of a shell. Across the row you were doing 5 dc which is like a full shell. Often patterns will do the half shell at the end and start of a roll so it won't add too many stitches and it won't stick out at the end.

If that is the stitch I just checked my DVD and here is how they do it. Mary

Snapdragon stitch

Row 1- (right side): DC in fifth ch from hook (4 skipped chs count as first dc plus ch 1) *skip next 3 chs, 5 dc in next ch, skip next 3 chs, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next ch; reperat from * across

Row 2: ch 3 (counts as first dc)

turn; 2 dc in next ch-1 sp, skip next 3 dc, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next dc * 5 dc in next ch 1- sp, skip next 3 dc, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next dc; repeart from * across, 3 dc in last ch- 1 sp.

Row 3: ch 4 ( counts as first dc plus ch 1), turn; dc in same st, * 5 dc in next ch- 1 sp, skip next 3 dc, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next dc;

repeat from * across

Repeat row 2 and 3 for pattern.

Archived