Feet Need Socks Crochet-along

Donna

Hello all-

Here is my latest crochet sock in progress. No pattern just playing around with my D hook and Knit Picks Dancing Yarn in the color "Ballet."

119860556_8d54a745cd_m.jpg

I have to admit I knit and crochet socks and my favorite socks are my crochet socks. I have only been crocheting for... gosh maybe it has been a year now, and knitting for about 2 and I feel like I can do so much more with my hook then with my needles. Here are my first pair of crochet socks which I love...

85113489_c0c806f7c7_m.jpg

They were made on a G hook with watercolor toes (Red Heart Classic) and Grape (peaches and cream).

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit I knit and crochet socks and my favorite socks are my crochet socks. I have only been crocheting for... gosh maybe it has been a year now, and knitting for about 2 and I feel like I can do so much more with my hook then with my needles.

Really? The main reason I want to learn to knit is so I casn knit socks! LOL! Aren't knit socks stretchier and easier to fit than crocheted socks? That was my impression. I'd love to hear your opinion about the differences between the two.

Really? The main reason I want to learn to knit is so I casn knit socks! LOL! Aren't knit socks stretchier and easier to fit than crocheted socks? That was my impression. I'd love to hear your opinion about the differences between the two.

Well the K2 P2 rib stitch does make a nice cuff and if you are using wool it probably would be better to knit the socks but if you use a yarn like Knit Picks Dancing Yarn (41% Cotton, 39% Wool, 13% Nylon, 7% Elastic) no matter what stitch they are a nice fit. Half double and double make a nice cuff in this yarn...

I put aside the pair I was working on after I got stuck at decreasing the heel. I began another. It's from the book "Learn to Crochet Socks" and the Basic Sock. I'm using Caron Simply Soft in a loud Purple with bright Yellow trim. I'm 3/4th finished with the first sock, just rolling along :woo. I know that warmer weather is coming, but my feet are cold all night anyway :tup.

PS: Did you hear that Amarillo is on fine, again? This time, right in the city itself! It's so upsetting :rant. Keep us in your thoughts

Joyce ><##>

I couldnt figure out how to post my picture,:think I need help I guess. I am so happy with them though, I am wearing them all the time. they are really slippers now, too big for in your shoes really(They almost fit) but I am ready for some in your shoes kind next.ok try this, entry for march 26th[email=http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-do8.pnc7brW46E9o0RCe2V9FiA--?cq=1&p=5]http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-do8.pnc7brW46E9o0RCe2V9FiA--?cq=1&p=5[/email]

ME TOO :cheer I want to post the pictures of my "partial" socks. How do I do that?

I just ordered sock yarn from www.yarnsale.com and I think I'l going to like it. :hook

Joyce

I couldnt figure out how to post my picture,:think I need help I guess. I am so happy with them though, I am wearing them all the time. they are really slippers now, too big for in your shoes really(They almost fit) but I am ready for some in your shoes kind next.ok try this, entry for march 26thhttp://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-do8.pnc7brW46E9o0RCe2V9FiA--?cq=1&p=5

Ttbookjunkie, I like your socks!

Texapan & snapdragon928, I think there is a FAQ thread in the announcements section (:think ) that offers suggestions for posting pictures. Alot of folks host the photos either with flickr (sp?) or photobucket, and then link the specific picture url to their posts here.

...Yup, here is the link I was talking about. Hope that helps.

It's been many months, but I finally finished a sock! lol

They are made with a G hook and Sassy Stripes yarn. I used the crochet me socks in shoes pattern as a base, but I eneded up doing things completely different. I reduced throughout the body and the heel is much much larger than a heel has a right to be..lol. That makes them look a bit goofy in the side view. But they fit me perfectly!

129735760_9502ecaa8f_m.jpg129735689_3a99210830_m.jpg

I started on one pair of socks and then a different pair out of the book I thought was so difficult. Now I have two unmatched socks going :blah. I can't decide which to pair to make :huh The only sock yarn I could find at HL was Burnat and in only 2 colors - - can you imagine that :yell. Michaels has "O" sock yarn. I've never found the magic "striping" kind, not even at Joanns. I'm very :sigh disappointed. Bye for now.

BTW - - Amarillo is STILL on :fire FIRE!!

Hugs to all, Joyce

THEY'RE HERE - - - -My First pair of SOCKS! :cheer

This first picture with my leg sticking out side ways. How 'bout those colors? Purple and Bright Yellow?

HeldOutSideWays.jpg

Next we see my foot stuck straight out. (I'm new with this cell phone camera, too :sigh).

Lengthwise.jpg The cuffs are about a mile long!

FINALLYYYYYYY :bheart what you've all been breathlessly waiting for - - - - -

TA DA - - - FinishedSocks1stPair.jpg and, yes, they

are still PURPLE and not navy blue.

Well, you didn't expect me to master crocheting socks AND my cell phone camera all at the same time did yah :? I'm doing good to walk and chew gum at the same time. I sure enjoyed making them and have already started on 2 more pair. :socks

Joyce

I gotta tell you, texapan, those colors together are fabulous!! :lol Purple and yellow! Excellently done! :yay

Now, tell us, how do they feel on your feet??

Hello all-

Here is my latest crochet sock in progress. No pattern just playing around with my D hook and Knit Picks Dancing Yarn in the color "Ballet."

119860556_8d54a745cd_m.jpg

I have to admit I knit and crochet socks and my favorite socks are my crochet socks. I have only been crocheting for... gosh maybe it has been a year now, and knitting for about 2 and I feel like I can do so much more with my hook then with my needles. Here are my first pair of crochet socks which I love...

85113489_c0c806f7c7_m.jpg

They were made on a G hook with watercolor toes (Red Heart Classic) and Grape (peaches and cream).

Great socks! It's interesting that you prefer your crochet socks. I think most people prefer knit ones! But, its encouraging to me because I only crochet and have a ton of sock yarn! I've got a WIP pair of socks that has been sitting around waiting for me to finish for a looooooooong time.You do such nice work! Great socks!

I like your socks! I just ripped apart my last one - - - I forgot why :? and plan to work on it today. I enjoy making socks a lot. :socks

Joyce

Where it's 73 in Amarillo today

• 2 weeks later...

So how's the sock making going, y'all??

I recently inherited some yarn, and it's a lighter weight (not sure entirely what it is), so I think this weekend I'll be making a pair of ankle socks with it. Just enough of a sock to cover my feet, but not so much that my lower legs outside of my shoes get hot. It is definitely turning towards summer here in the Carolinas. :hot

Oh my! I bought a Jack Russell, "Buddy Jack" for my Min. Schnauzer, "Fritzie Jack" and being a puppy - - well he dragged my sock-in-the-making all through the front hallway and livingroom! :dog. Now, I only have pretty blue "string" :rant. My own fault, I know, :sigh:loser me.

Joyce - texapan

Archived