Edgerydoo Help!

sprtsbear

Question

I have started to use my edgerydoo square. I am having a terrible time. I punched in the holes and they do not seem to be big enough and are very hard to see. I am using a size #1 steel hook. I do not crochet tightly, but it seems that I have to put 2 stitches in each hole. I am using baby yarn. What am I doing wrong?

5 answers to this question

I've used much larger hooks and don't have a problem - I do have to push the hook a bit to squeeze it through, but it's been easy for me.

I don't understand if you say the holes are small and tight - but you have to put 2 stitches in each?

Are you using fleece? I've used fleece and a G hook with Baby yarn.

You may have to push down harder when you punch the holes.

I'm sorry I'm not much help, but I'm not sure what you're asking - are the holes too small???

I don't know, maybe it is the type of fleece. The reason I had to put 2 stitches in each hole was that the holes were too far apart. I tried a ) hook and it was better. I will have to try to make another square.

Ah! I haven't used thread - I've used yarn - from baby weight to worsted weight.

It could be that if you're using a steel hook and thread, our first stitch would be way too wobbly.

If you want to use thread, perhaps a better way to go would be to do a blanket stitch around (by hand) and then crochet through that.

I think the holes would be rather far apart for thread. I've done them in sz 10 ( I think thats right) cotton, but I can see how you'd have a lot of trouble in a thin thread.

I did one with thread once. I still used the size "C" hook like she recommends, but what I did was instead of one SC between holes I put three. It worked, just try it.

Archived