I need help with a pattern

hookedoncrochet

Question

I have been working on this free pattern from http://www.lionbrand.com for a cape and I can't seem to figure out the border...I am alright with the 1st round but the 2nd-8th I am not having any luck with..it just doesn't make sense...can someone please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks ...here is the pattern:

CAPE

Ch 26.

Row 1 (RS) Dc in 4th ch from hook and in each ch across; turn – 24 sts.

Rows 2-18 Ch 3, dc in first dc (inc made), dc in each dc across, ending with 2 dc in top of turning ch (inc made); turn – 58 sts at end of Row 18.

Rows 19-34 Ch 3, dc in each dc across; turn.

Rows 35-51 Ch 3, dc2tog in next 2 sts, dc in each dc across to last 2 sts, dc2tog in last 2 sts; turn – 24 sts at end of Row 51. Do not fasten off.

BORDER

Rnd 1 With RS facing, ch 3, 2 dc in same st, working across top edge of Cape, *dc in each st across to next corner st, 3 dc in corner dc, working across side edge of Cape, work 2 dc in each row-end dc across to next corner*, 3 dc in corner st; rep from * to * once, join with slip st in top of beg ch – 260 dc.

Rnds 2-8 Ch 3, 2 dc in same dc, *dc in each dc across to next end corner, 3 dc in end corner dc, (dc in each dc across to next side corner, 2 dc in corner dc on side edge) twice, dc in each dc across to next end corner dc*, 3 dc in end corner dc; rep from * to * around; join with slip st in top of beg ch – 344 dc at end of Rnd 8.

Fasten off.

I can't figure out the info in parantheses and I don't seem to have enough corners to do what they want...any help would be appreciated!

7 answers to this question

Kat,

Yes, I checked out the blog site suggested and Marvie posted information on the pattern....she couldn't figure out pattern as stated. She did her border the same all the way around (same for short and long sides) and said it came out nice! I am going to try it!

Archived