63 Squares Crochet Along

Donna

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Susan

Yes, this CAL is open, it's been running for a really long time ! Donna originally started it ,but has been on maternity leave ,so I've kinda been helping her out in here while she's gone. It seems that new people sign up in herwe at least once a week or so, so there is always someone new in here just starting out !

If you'd like to start, just go back for the past few pages to get a list of the recent newbies !

I FINALLY got the booklet :c9 my Aunt who knew i was looking for this booklet found it for me, so excited :)...Not sure yet what colors i'll use but i'm gonna join this CAL now that the baby blanket is done:hook

The Olympics is over! :whew I did not place. But I am returning to my CAL's with new dedication. :hook I will be working on my 63, and I am glad to have some new people to work with. (I signed up over 6 months ago. )

WE WILL FINISH! LET's DO IT! (Can you sense the Olympic fervor still coursing through me?) See you soon!

Hi Susan and Clocke

Well ,there are actually 2 different threads for this same afghan. The 63 and the 63 Wannabee both are doing the same afghan . You can post in either one or both !

:)

Thanks for the heads-up JulieKay!

Going to pick out my color tomorrow :)...i'm going to do the squares in 1 color and the edge and joing in a diffrent color, just not sure on the sq. color yet, i'll see what jumps at me when i get there :P

good luck to all the newbies. i have just started back on this thing. i blasted through about 5 squares since friday. i am up to about 25 done now. i was making them very ocd-like and doing each square by numbers. i then discovered to my horror that the yarn i am using for the 'rose' square (tlc essentials in robin egg) isnt showing up on their website and i think is discontinued. so now i am doing all the 'rose' squares first. this CAL is perfect as i love to do small bits here and there.........i get so bored with projects!

i've started working on sq. #1...is it supposed to be 7"long and 7" tall???...mine was almost 10" long and 7"tall:eek looked more like a rectangle lol, should i maybe ch. less?? i'm using a 5mm hook as well and it did say ch loosley, maybe i should make it a little tighter:hook

Sounds pretty Clocke, what other colors are you using, do you know ?

My plan is to use a burgundy red, dark green, and sunflower yellow. I'll make a square from each and see how they look together...

i've started working on sq. #1...is it supposed to be 7"long and 7" tall???...mine was almost 10" long and 7"tall:eek looked more like a rectangle lol, should i maybe ch. less?? i'm using a 5mm hook as well and it did say ch loosley, maybe i should make it a little tighter:hook

...You might could use a smaller hook... Sometimes that helps.

After a long break on making this, I'm back at it again. I have 17 more squares to go! I'm trying to get excited cuz I really love my colors, lt blue, lt purple, and white. Plus the yarns are so soft, Caron Perfect Match and Caron Simply Soft. I've learned so much already.

As far as trying to get the squares to be 7 inches square. I always do a test swatch and make sure I have the width first, if it's too big, I go down a size, too small I go up a size. I've used an H, I and J hook depending on the stitch and the yarn combo. It's trial and error but will be so worth it when it's all done.

right now I'm almost finished with #18 - the woven relief stitch. fairly easy once you get a hang of it. the rest I have left are simpler ones so they should go fairly quick. I think I have the hard ones finished. i went by color.

:cheer:clap:cheer:clap Cheering everyone on!!!!

Archived