Confused newbie needs help!

suzidemars

Question

Ok this is going to sound so so stupid. I just don't know if I am going ginto the next stitch at the right spot after I skip a few. I have a coaster pattern (I thought grannys and coasters etc. would be a good way to learn to crochet) where there are 6 dc in a row after a ch5. I need to skip the 1st 2, dc in the next 2, skip the last 2. I guess my question is what is the right point at which to stick my hook into? There's sort of a loop to either side of the stitch, neither right on top, and I can't decide which one actually belongs to the stitch I need to go into. I do much better with pics and I can't find any. I've tried both and because I am doubting myself so much, neither looks right! :bang:confused I should go back to knitting but there are so much cooler looking things that can be made by crocheting. Help me stick with it!!!! Please!!!!! :help

2 answers to this question

I too have this problem at times and then doubt myself! I believe you want to inset your hook in the stitch that is to the right. If you say there are one on either side of the stitch, but not directly in the center, it is the one on the right. Hope this helps! :hug And believe me, crochet is 100 times easier than knitting!

Archived