Cocoon sweater

Kimela

Question

I am new to making garments and I need all the help I can get. I started making the cocoon sweater and I'm stumped. Which edge goes where? Is it from top to bottom or side to side? Do you fold in half making it double? Where does the collar and arm holes start? I need to know what step is next. I have the rectangle made and now I don't have any idea what I am doing. Any help is appreciated!

Kimela:think

3 answers to this question

Kimela, the rectangle has two short sides and two long ones, right? Fold the rectangle in half so that the short sides are folded in half. Now you have a rectangle which is the same length as your original one, but is half the height of it.

Now you start sewing the ends together along the length, such that a tube starts appearing. Stop sewing when the tube is as long as you want your sleeve to be. Start sewing up a tube on the other side, so now you have your two sleeves. The area which is left open is your neckline, and where you will start going around in rounds for your lapels and collar.

I hope that makes sense....

Thanks so much for all the help that y'all have given me. :clap For some reason I couldn't seem to figure it out myself. It makes so much sense now. Sometimes I think I just need a little extra help. Thanks again!

Kimela

Archived