vintage doily pattern

chocolatecats3

Question

I need some help here guys. I have been looking at this pattern for the past two days and can not get this at all :think.

row 2- In back lps, sl st in 1st sc, ch 17, sc in 5th st from hook for a p, ch 1, a long tr (thread over 5 times and work off in twos) in same sc, (ch 5, p, ch 1, a long tr in next sc, ch 5, p, ch 1, a long tr in same sc) repeated around, joining final p-lp to 11th st of 1st lp (24 ps).

If you want to see the whole pattern you can find it here http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/Triotricks.html

I need all the help I can get! thanks everyone ~Erin

5 answers to this question

I am not sure where you were finding the challenge. This pic might help you to tell me where you are not getting it

doilyhelp1.jpg

I hope that it shows up with that pic - I am photonically challenged (can't take pictures well)

once you get your 12 sc into the ring, you are going to start working your way around those 12 sc with a series of long trebles and a picot at the top of each of the LT's

It may just be happenstance that my chain 17 is too long for what they want. but...

You make that ch 17 and use 5 of those chains to make a picot

ch 1

now make your long Tr back into the same (1st) sc where you started the ch 17

Make another picot (ch 5/picot)

ch 1

make another long Tr that goes into the next sc, make a picot

make another long Tr and top it with a picot and ch 1

then work another Long Tr into the same (2nd) sc

and so on and so on

If this is not what was the problem, can you give me a hint as to what the problem is?

I think this is right but I can't follow it when I read it aaarrrgggghhhh! too many long tr and picots to follow. it is easier to do than to write

You are welcome. If you see it now then you can probably take it from here. it looked 'the usual' from this point out.

i am subbed to this thread so ask if another part is a problem..

I was able to follow the written pattern (and now I've printed the actual pattern, 'cause I think it's cool and I wanna make it now) but Darski, good of you to post a pic...'cause sometimes actually having a picture makes all the difference...

Good luck chocolatecats with your project...I hope you post a pic when it's done!

Archived