New Rules for County Fair. I am so excited!

Hi Everyone,

Every year I enter the fair. The Crochet division is usually afghans, bedspreads and tablecloths, trims and doilies, clothing, and misc. You could only enter one thing per lot. So only one afghan, one clothing item, etc.

This year, the McHenry County Fair has opened both the knitting and crochet division to TWO ITEMS PER LOT!

I am just so excited! I have made two afghans already and couldn't decide on which one to enter. Now I don't have to decide.

How do other fairs work it? I have seen other area fairs that allow as many entries in one catagory as possible.

I really think this is such a step up. I don't know how I will do, but now I get more chances.

How many things do you enter? I think they are doing this to make more money and have more things to display.

The fee is now $15 to be a season pass holder and that's what you need to purchase in order to display.

I wonder if that will cut people out by raising fees. I don't know.

But now I can't wait until August for the fair.

:manyheart

I am so happy for you that this worked out so well and you all set with 2 to go.

i love checking in in the fall for the "Fair Results" from members.

Our fair allows only one item in each catagory. Last year I entered 30 item...a variety of crochet, latch hook, plastic canvas, baked goods, photographs...and brought home around 18 ribbons.

If you enter at least 15 items...you are able to buy up to 6 tickets for $8.00 each...they are good for each day of the fair.

That is the way it was last year...we will see what this year brings!

At my county fair we can only enter one item per category. We don't get any discount on admission tickets. Last year I entered 6 items and won blue ribbons for all. This year, (my fair isn't til the end of July) I'm not sure how many I will be entering.

Archived