Granny Square...

davesbaubie

Question

I am trying really hard to learn the granny square...no success so far...just very confused...am a newbie at crochet by the way...any one know a pattern that truly spells out the square step by step with very clear pictures...:(

9 answers to this question

I was confused at first too, I had someone show me how to do it and then had them write down the steps. I'm not new to crocheting, but that one had me stumped for some reason. It's hard to get started, but once I'm going, I'm okay with it.

I picked up "Crocheting for Dummies" at the library and then bought a copy I loved it so much. Get that book if you can, it's so helpful with everything and it refreshed my memory.

Thanks all! I am finally getting it! :cheer :cheer You know how something can finally just click in your head! Well it did, and now I have a little square that I am actually pretty proud of. Just got to practice, practice, practice! Thanks again for the help!

Pattie,

may I say Crochetcabana is great! I highly rcommend to any newbie! Great illustrations, just what I need...Thanks again! :yes

You're very welcome!! Glad you are getting the hang of it now. Soon you will be totally hooked like the rest of us and won't be able to STOP making them. lol.

Yay for getting the hang of it! I must have frogged my first and second ones at least 5 times before I got the hang of it!

Archived