I buy tons of yarn and don't make anything!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so glad I am not the only one. I had soooo much yarn stashed in my closet,the trunk of my car and at work in one of my desk chores... After the holidays this year, I decided to go through what I did not want and gave a lot of it away to someone who wanted it and the rest I returned Michaels and Joanne's ( I had the receipts kept in the bags of yarn) and received a wonderful bigggg store credit from each place.

I have so many bins stuffed in my closet... I can't help picking up clearance yarn... even if it's a few skeins at a time, it's still fun. The colors, the textures, the possibilities. I love hearing the testimonials of others like me. Hey, don't you all think if there were more time in the day, we'd have smaller stashes, because we could actually sit and crochet more? (Contrariwise, we'd also have more time to shop and peruse yarn sites;))

Try going to your LYS. At the one near me they have a lot of pieces on display that are made with a little of this and a little of that. It's great inspiration. (Plus, if you like accessories you can get away with buying only 2,3,4 :yarns at a time)

Alice

So I have a problem. I buy random skeins of yarn here and there and RARELY actually make anything.

I started about a year and a half ago. Sinc ethen I've made 3 amigurumis and 2 baby blankets. (Those baby blankets were both done last month)

I would be embarrassed to count the balls of yarn I have stashed away. 50?? 75??

Thing is, most of them are only one of each color and so old that the dye lots would be different. I don't even like 90% of them anymore.

I am now totally addicted and want to start more projects, but I'm weird about actually starting. I'm super crazy picky about the pattern, the color, the yarn... and then I'm so afraid it'll turn out ugly that I don't even start.

Weirdo.:lol

If you really don't like the yarn and don't want to store it for the future, do donate it somewhere where it can do some good. Clear the air, in a way - it can be very healing and cleansing. You next step is to pick a project that you can feel really excited about, pick the yarn you adore for THAT project only and then don't buy any more yarn until you've finished this exciting project. Don't pick something huge like an afghan or a thread tablecloth, though! :) What about a gorgeous set of cotton kitchen accessories to make your kitchen look fab? Or some retro-looking pillows for your bed?

Finishing something from start to end - even a small project - will give you such sense of accomplishment! It'll get you on track, too. :)

Archived