Solomon's Knot help

ejldjl

Question

I'm trying to learn how to do Solomon's Knot for a scarf from a friend. I think I have the knots down but on the beginning of the 3rd row I end up with a big ole loop on the end that doesn't seem to go anywhere. Directions say to do a double and single knot for turning chain but this seems too big. Also the whole piece seems to be curving down on the ends, I think it's growing but I can't see where I'm going wrong.

HELP!!!

Doreen

5 answers to this question

Doreen, I just learned to do this stitch and found it very challenging myself:think I thought I might make a stole, so I did some swatching, without a pattern, to just make rectangles using only this stitch. I ended up having one knot stitch to turn. a double plus a single seems way too much to me.

good luck with it. I'd love to see the scarf when you finish it.

I love the Solomon's Knot and have made a few scarves with it. I don't know which pattern you are using, but I have always made the scarves lengthwise... in other words, I make about a 6 foot length of Sol. Knots, then turn at the end and come back. At the end of each row, I do 3 knots, then attach it to the beginning SC of the last knot of that row. Sounds confusing, but you always have to have four knots together, they form sort of a diamond shape.

Joan

Archived