Cool Crochet Shrug

crochetrae

Question

Has anyone made thePrincess Shrug in this booklet? http://www.bernat.com/patternbook.php?PG=lady&PID=1948

I have tried twice and having a heck of a time figuring out how they measured a row gauge. The body of the shrug is just made up of ch-3 loops. Well, you know how those shrink down to almost a flat line. Then they can be stretched. I can't figure how I'm going to ever know when it's long enough. The gauge is 9 rows = 4 inches with an F hook. The only way I can get that is to stretch it and hold it stretched while I measure it. Of course, I can't make my rows taller without making my stitch gauge larger, which I don't want to do. Any suggestions? I would certainly appreciate it.

2 answers to this question

Are you working your test swatch or working on the actual shrug? i would just go with a few rows of the actual pattern and see how it seems to be working itself out.

there is a solid portion by the looks of the pic and that will give you a better idea of where you are going with it.

Thanks for your input, Darski. I'm working on the actual pattern. I decided to just go with it and see how far I can block it. Whatever size it turns out will determine who gets it! The solid portion is an edging that is added last and I think that will weigh it down enough to pull the chain loops open rather than being squished down like they are now. We'll see!

Archived