Butterflies Galore Anyone?

Shebop

Question

Hey Ladies,

I have a question. !st of all, has anyone made a bedspread using this pattern. http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/jacobean/141/page5.html

I altered the tips of the butterfly wings a bit and I made them in scraps of yarn, all types. That means they're all slightly different sizes.

Ok, here are my questions. Should I put a boarder on this bedspread or leave them as they are. They are multicolored, what would you use to attach them? Finally, would you block them? Would this help to make them more uniform in size?

I love how its turned out so far (I have 2 more butterflies to make) and then I have to attach them all. This will be for my babies "big girl bed" someday.

Thanks for your help!

4 answers to this question

I think I'd have attached them as I went along, like you do for some motifs. After the fact, I'm not sure. Maybe just regular sewing thread instead of yarn?

Personally, I wouldn't do a border, because I think the wings would look pretty at the sides of the blanket, but it would depend on if the wings curl or not. :)

Hope that helps.

Angela,

I planned on attaching them as I went, but when I tried with the 1st 2 I could see they are slightly different sizes, not that you can see, but you can tell when attaching the wings. I realize this is going to give me trouble, but I had a garbage bag of random yarn given to me and this seemed like a fun way to use it up. I'll figure something out. Thanks!

Ok, I'm taking your advice girls, I won't put a boarder on the bedspread.

I think I may use an invisible thread to try to stitch them together.

What about the blocking? I've never done it, but if it may help the slight uneveness I'm willing to try it.

Archived